Monday, November 3, 2008

Berges' Requiem for Raj's Maharashtrian Dream

(Raj and Berges - Protecting Maharashtra from the Scum of the Rest of India)

(In response to Berges Malu)

When Raj came for the UP-ites,
I remained silent;
For I was not a UP-ite.

When He locked up the Biharis,
I remained silent;
For I was not a Bihari.

When He came for the Punjabis,
I did not speak out;
For I was not a Punjabi.

When He came for the Tribals,
I did not speak out;
For I was not a Tribal.

When He came for the Parsee.
I did not speak out;
For I was not a Parsee (not really, ref: Zoroaster)

When He came for the Muslims,
I remained silent;
For I was not a Muslim.

When He came for the Christians,
I remained silent;
For I was not a Christian .

When He came for the Muslims,
I remained silent;
For I was not a Muslim.

When He came for the Democratic Lobby,
I remained silent;
For I was not of a Democratic Lobby.

When He came for the Social Reformers,
I remained silent;
For I was not a Social Reformer.

When He came for Me
there was no one left
to speak out for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A "leader's" words are not nearly as powerful as the actions they compel of their followers and the excuses they serve as for those who act on them. As a leader, the burden of responsibility, falls on he who utters the words, and should he utter them in hate, vengeance, retribution and violence, he and all his kind shall be damned to a future set against their so-called pure intentions. Anarchy breeds injustice and apathy. It breeds dissent from the oppressed and eventually those who oppress because in a world of "US vs. THEM", we are all alone and everyone a stranger.

The ends, even when they seem to justify the means, are meaningless; for all the purity they supposedly propose gets corrupted. Its easy to label any undesirable group of people with a generalised pejorative. It makes the work of a "political critic" rather convenient . After all, it is so much easier to seem benevolent when you assure your followers that the enemy is stupid. Ironically, when intelligence breeds anarchy it is not surprising that stupidity alone stands for justice.

The sad part here is Mr. Malu, you're suppose to be the intelligent one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.-
My apologies for betraying Godwin's Law.
I personally don't give a shit one way or the other.
In a globalised world, I know there are people with views like yours ready and willing to chuck YOU out from wherever YOU may desire to be for just as rationalised reasons as Mr. Thackerays. Everyone gets their comeuppance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very well said

The Pernicious One said...

Touché

Webwriter said...

muhuhahahahahahahahahaha
\m/

Webwriter said...

lol... when did you add the pic?
...and why aren't you writing, man?